Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Post - A short poem about myself...

If/When I Reach Happiness



In a dream I walked across the sea

I found my way to your sinking ship, your fishing boat,

and I calmed the night's treachery [storm]

Just for you.


I am no Savior, nor do I wish to be...


Am I normal?? Am I average??




My mind is bathed in chemicals – natural & synthetic.

Rarely do I possess a firm explanation of myself.

(my thoughts

fears

desires)



(my personality and my definition)


The emotions I feel are in need of interpretation...

to be re-formatted. Thus, I write.




There is a difference between words and emotions-

emotion is basic; primary.

Words are created to describe these feelings.




When I feel sadness, for instance, my face shows it. However, if I am on the telephone with someone (just and example)...

I must use words.

I am SAD.”



Regardless of the medium used to convey my sorrow, I have found it (sadness) to be the normal me.


Am I normal?? Am I average??



I leave a trail of breadcrumbs behind me as I journey. If/when I reach happiness, you can count on there being a map I have made...

for you and your friends.



Am I normal?? Am I average??

XO

2 comments:

  1. Theo,

    Your peotry is great. I like how personal you have made it. Reading it makes me feel like I have actually talked to you. I miss you and hope I get to see you soon.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Julie Bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this may be my favorite. Or at least in the top three.

    ReplyDelete