Friday, August 28, 2009

Lie: I'm Grateful For My Mortality.

The early morning hours bring seduction -
the empty sidewalks,
empty streets...
the frozen stoplights -
no cars to brush their feet.


I take my walk. A lengthy walk.
Past the maze of neon signs and hospital ward windows...
past the cheap motels - a home to those just getting by...
past the bus stops - and the parks.
There are lots of parks here,
each one with it's own sister or saint.

The industry I see here flips a switch in my head:

Life is - nature, organic.

The machines resuscitate the dying,
keep them breathing -
hearts beating.
Machines made by man. With smoke-stacks and gears and electricity.
Pilot lights and switches and buttons;
control panels and levers.
Indicators of the restoration of life (or loss of life).

A museum, 20 stories high,
florescent illumination,
liquid crystal displays,
as if to say:
"Defiance is our nature. Defiance of nature. To live forever..."

The human life is natures gift, but it's preservation is an art form of metal and wheels. Is this where life should really begin? And end? In a prison of medicine?

I will do anything - anything - to stay alive.
Humanity lied when he said he didn't want to live forever.





AUGUST 28, 2009



XO



No comments:

Post a Comment